I cooked up a whole bunch of dried chickpeas last week in the crock pot and was left with a lot of chickpea liquid, called aquafaba. I had previously tried whipping this up into foam, as I’d heard it possible to do. The foam looked heavenly, but tasting it, was less than appealing—until, that is, I added hot chocolate powder, and then it became a delicious chocolate mousse (the chocolate was able to effectively disguise the pea taste). That was with the liquid from canned chickpeas. This time, with the real, home”made” version, I wanted to branch out more. So I tried making meringue cookies. I beat the aquafaba till frothy, added sugar and beat some more, put the foam into a plastic bag and cut off a tip of it to use for piping into cookie shapes, and baked at 250F for about 50 minutes, then turned off the oven and letting the cookies rest in there for a few more hours. When we opened the door, there they were! Way too sweet, to my taste (similar to cotton candy), and sticky on the teeth, but the chickpea taste was gone! So for June, at least, they were a hit. I still had a lot more aquafaba to use, so the next day, I used more of the beaten foam in our pancakes, substituting it for egg or the flaxseed egg substitute I often use. I tried to fold the foam in at the end of the batter mixing so as not to flatten it down too much, and the pancakes were tasty, but I am not sure how much of a lift they actually got from the aquafaba. Still, overall it seemed a good use for a resource that might otherwise be discarded.